I am first and foremost an IT professional with 30 years industry experience. In recent years recognising and embracing my responsibilities as a global citizen I have widened my professional scope beyond the corporate world to include public and 3rd sector organisations.
I have a flexible and constructive approach and a preparedness to ‘go the extra-mile’ if the situation / client requires it. I have excellent interpersonal skills equally happy to work with others or autonomously and a willingness to learn and benefit from others experience whilst bringing and sharing my own extensive experience.
- Used to delivering on time solutions, working to deadlines and within budget
- Mindset to think client first overcoming any obstacles
- Good international experience, well travelled
- Experience within Commercial, Third sector, Education and Statutory organisations
- Excellent at mediation and facilitation skills across borders
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Skilled at managing and adapting to change and forward thinking
Technology / IT Consultancy, Logistics,
Offshore Service Delivery, including Facility Preparation, Resource Recruitment & Development including Knowledge Transfer
Coaching & Support
Other Career Roles
Accenture – IO Mobilisation EALA
Providing leadership and delivery management for one or more large, high profile projects across the NEMEA Delivery Centre. Projects involve the introduction of completely new services, the transition of services from client (or other provider) into Accenture, or other complex programmes of change. Recent projects have include a global telecommunications provider, a major UK charity, a leading property management company and an affiliated finance organization.
Key role features & responsibilities :-
- Managing senior client and stakeholder relationships, including negotiation and agreement of project scope and deliverables, resolution of commercial issues, and presentations to executive level as necessary.
- Negotiation and management of contracts with 3rd party suppliers.
- Building offshore facilities & teams to deliver high value services
- Engage resources via the standard PMO processes, and interface with each delivery domain to co-ordinate work.
- Provide leadership and overall management to the virtual project teams (On & Offshore) to ensure production of deliverables as per agreed plan and budget.
- Define and implement a programme structure and manage delivery through additional project managers where appropriate.
- Demonstrate proactive Risk, Issue, Budget, Status Reporting and Change Management discipline, and assume clear ownership and accountability for project issues where required.
- Apply as appropriate agreed Programme/Project Management Methodology – Accenture Delivery Methods (ADM) and PRINCE 2 – and ATIS Project Management processes.
Accenture – IT Manager
Responsible for the delivery of High Value e-Mail & Collaboration Services to EMEA client community, approximately 50,000 users and contributed via the global managers forum to the delivery of service to the firm’s 150,000 service users. Ensuring all hosted services are delivered within agreed SLA tolerance, services include:-
Role Highlight: Leading Accenture’s first (multi-national) multi-data centre consolidation, at the time this was undertaken you would have thought the earth was still flat, such was the anxiety related to hosting services in a location internationally removed from the users!
- Hosting enterprise scale mailbox volumes on Dual & Multi- node Windows / Exchange Clusters located in Madrid, Manila, Bangalore & US
- Supporting Exchange infrastructure backend (Public folder, OWA, Routing etc)
- SharePoint site hosting infrastructure fabric
- Building and Managing Operational Support & Project Teams
- Career Counselling & Line management, Mentoring
- Objective setting and management
- Prepare and Manage Operational budget including producing depreciation schedules
- Prepare forecast budgets ahead of prospective new engagements and enhancements to existing deals
- Capacity Management & Metric Reporting
- Own operational expense recovery for the UK/I & EMEA
- Global SMTP Operations Lead
- Participate in global architecture and service development forums
- Contribute to global IT policy making.
- Initiate and manage constant service improvement activities / projects
- Lead for global build-out activities such as capacity enhancements, additional service provision, service & security enhancements.
- Vendor selection and management
- Perform e-Mail & Collaboration CRM function for the UK primary client (Accenture) and external clients as necessary
- Contribute material to Accenture Business Consultants for the purposes of new deal shaping and development.
- Disaster Recovery co-ordination escalation point (e-Mail & Collaboration) for the UK
UK Data Centre Manager
ServiceNet was a wholly owned subsidiary of Andersen Consulting; it was setup to challenge the accepted cost and operations models for delivering high value IT services on an Enterprise scale. This period also saw the introduction of agreed and binding levels of service or SLA’s as they are better known.
Novell Netware File & Print (Operations & Admin)
All Services Archiving & Recovery (Offline media management)
Maintenance & Enhancement Service Reliability / Dependability
Facility security management
- Produce and adhere to strict budget including managing the capital depreciation of infrastructure components (Budget total was £2.6 million)
- Implementing service charges for operational expense recovery (and to drive service usage behaviour)
- Producing and implementing staff training plans
- Manage the fabric of the Data-Centre and the integrity of the infrastructure
- Specfication and aquasition of key infrastructure components (Servers, Networking, Automated archiving libraries)
- Service demand management
- Provide motivation and mentoring to direct reports and others in the support community
- Work with UK & Global Teams to optimise server platform usage.
- SLA/OLA Metrics Reporting
- Perform varying roles within the Project Management Methodology (Sponsor / Project Manager / Project Resource) depending on the range and scale of the project.
BUPA Hospital Services – Senior Systems Engineer
BUPA Hospitals and the Insurance business were formerly two separate entities; I was employed by Hospital Services to first deploy then manage and maintain the Novell Network and related PC’s across 25 hospitals nationally and 1 in Dublin including the head office in London. I was required to be able to travel to the hospitals and work with all the disciplines within the hospital to ensure the smooth running and quick rectification of faults. As the support load increased with more hospitals coming online I recruited support professionals and implemented a 24hr support rota.